While years back you had to drive down to your local casino or use your desktop to play Blackjack, now you have the convenience to enjoy it on almost any smartphone you have, regardless of how old or small it is. This new level of convenience is both a pro and a con to some aficionados who don’t want to use their phones to play Blackjack.
However, it doesn’t have to be that way. By playing Blackjack on your phone you can enjoy the same variants you would find in a local casino (often with a better house edge) only in a compact format. If this is something you feel like you want to try, take a look at this simple guide on mobile Blackjack.
|Casino||Offer||Devices||Play Now / Review|
100% up to $5000
200% up to $1000
300% up to $500
150% up to $10,000
150% up to $3000
150% up to $3000
Deposit $20 , Get up to $8888
up to $5500
100% up to $500
200% up to $1000
100% up to $5000
100% up to $777
100% up to $1000
1000% up to $4000
300% Match up to $3000
Find your Mobile device below:
However, most mobile casinos nowadays use a mobile platform instead of a native app, which offers the same functionality as an app would but without any downloads or updates. The procedure is the same as well, i.e. you would have to visit the casino’s address on your phone and create an account to enjoy Blackjack games.
There are also the free apps you can find in all app stores, but these are not very good in terms of simulating real casino conditions. Thus, even if you just want to play for free, you are better off at a real casino website since most online casinos offer free-play versions of their games which you can play as long as you want, without even spending a dime.
The most popular variants found at most mobile casinos are:
- Vegas Strip Blackjack – Vegas rules Blackjack where you can double down with two cards and after a split, but also split up to three times, except when you have two aces. Other rules also apply.
- European Blackjack – Four deck variant with 3:2 payouts and insurance.
- Atlantic City Blackjack – Similarly to Vegas Strip Blackjack, you can double down on all two cards and after a split, with minor differences in rules.
- Double Exposure Blackjack – Dealer’s two cards are face up and you lose money on a tie. Blackjack pays even.
- Blackjack Touch – A proprietary single deck Blackjack version that’s optimized for quick play on phones and comes with insurance.
- Blackjack Switch – Multi-hand variant where you can switch the second card among your hands. However, it pays even for a Blackjack.
There’s little difference between playing Blackjack at the casino and on your phone, which means the same principal guidelines apply. There’s only one rule that doesn’t, and that is to check whether your phone is compatible with the casino or the app you’ve downloaded, but also how smooth the games run.
It is also vital to check the rules before you enter a game, as there will be a number of different versions of each Blackjack variant you can find. For example, you can find single-hand, multi-hand, and gold versions of European blackjack games, with other popular varieties having similar diversity.
Other than that, it’s all about sticking to basic strategy, keeping your focus narrowed on a few variations and being disciplined with your betting and money. Keeping a tight budget is exceptionally important with mobile Blackjack, where it’s too easy to start playing at any time you want.
Blackjack is not a game of guesses and hunches, but a game of strategy and skills. So, if you’re ever planning on making any money with it, you should never overlook the importance of strategy.
Blackjack strategies were designed by mathematicians who’ve spent intensive research to determine the best way to play each hand and if you think you can do better, don’t. No matter what casino you play at, or what variant you try, the same moves always apply.
The key is to perfect your strategy until it becomes natural, without any hesitations. So, if you’re playing single deck and you have a hard 9 against a dealer’s 8, you don’t think how hot the table is or what money you’ve won before hand, you just hit, always, no matter what.
The majority of smartphones use either iOS or Android, which is why most casinos cater mainly to this type of devices. However, this doesn’t mean you don’t have other options as well. Namely, if you want to enjoy the game on your smartphone, you can find any of the following types of Blackjack games:
- iPhone Blackjack games and apps – Apps and games for iPhone versions 4 and up that you can either download from the App Store or play without downloading.
- iPad Blackjack games and apps – Designed for smoother gameplay for iPads version 2 and up, including the first generation of the iPad mini and any of its other variants.
- Android Blackjack games and apps – Mostly instant play real-money apps that are supported on a variety of devices running Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0) and up, but also free “for fun” games found in the Play Store.
- Windows Blackjack games and apps – Free apps found on the Microsoft Store, which are more limited in number than iOS and Android games, as well as real money web apps from reputed online casinos.