The casino industry underwent a revolution with the arrival of the online casino. And this turned out to be great news for blackjack lovers as now they could play their favorite gambling game directly from the comfort of their home. Playing blackjack at an online casino is an entirely different experience compared to playing it at a land-based casino. On this page we outline how blackjack works at online casinos.
|Casino||Offer||Devices||Play Now / Review|
200% Match up to $1000
100% Match up to $1000
100% up to £100 18+ T&C apply
Visit bet365 for the latest offers 18+ T&C apply
- At some casinos you may be required to download the software to your computer, while at others you can play in instant play mode directly from the browser.
- Regardless of how you wish to play, the first step is to register yourself with the casino. Click the Sign Up/Join Now button on the home page.
- Fill in the required information in the form provided.
- Get a unique username and password (usually a minimum of 8 characters).
- Click the Submit or OK button once you have provided the required information. Your account is now created.
- If you are playing for real money, the next step is to deposit funds into your casino account. Once the funds are in your account you are ready to play blackjack online for real money.
- Click the Games tab on the casino’s home page.
- Click on the blackjack game you want to play.
Now you are all set to get started playing for real money.
Playing blackjack for real money at an online casino is fun and easy. Of course, you have to know what the hand values are and be familiar with blackjack game strategy. Here is how you play for real money.
- Once you are at the table, place your bets.
- Click the Deal button to initiate the deal – two cards to you and two to the dealer. The second dealer card is dealt face down, and is called the ‘hole’ card.
- You make your next move based on your hand and the dealer’s. You could opt to:
- Double down
- The player with the better hand wins and
The commonly available option in case of a tied first hand is the ‘push’, which takes the game to another round. Some games offer additional options like:
- Insurance bet
- Re-splitting or hitting a split Ace
You also have the surrender option in some games; this allows you to quit the game and retain half your original wager. The dealer then makes his move based on the strength of the hand. Standard rules in most games require the dealer to stand on a soft 17 and hit on a hard 17. The dealer also has the option of picking additional cards to strengthen his hand till it:
- Adds up to a hand total of 21 and the dealer wins
- Exceeds your hand and the dealer wins
- Overshoots 21, in which the dealers busts and loses
There are numerous advantages to playing blackjack at an online casino. These include, among others:
- Ability to play multiple games simultaneously.
- Fast game speeds.
- Assurance of fairness and reliability because of the RNG that the casino uses.
- Access to superb bonuses and promotions; some casinos offer special blackjack bonuses.
- Access to information about basic rules, payouts, and other important data directly on the blackjack table graphic on your computer screen.
- The luxury of playing from your home.